I found this recipe in Japanese gluten free recipe blog. This cake is made with beans instead of flour! I have not have a chance to actually make this cake yet, but I thought this is such an interesting recipe so I decided to translate it here!
Ingrediants (18 cm diameter cake)
- 2 cups of Cooked Aduki beans or a can of Aduki beans (425 g)
- 5 eggs
- A few drops of Vanilla essence
- Brown sugar 80-100g (or other natural sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, soften
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease and place a cooking sheet in a cake pan (18 cm).
- In a food processor, put Aduki beans, 3 eggs, salt, and vanilla essence and mix well until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, put butter and sugar and using a mixer, mix them well until it becomes like a cream. Add rest of 2 eggs (one by one) and mix them well together for 2 min.
- Mix baking powder and cocoa powder in a different bowl, and add this powder mixture into butter mixture little by little while mixing slowly, then add water in the end.
- Add the bean mixture into butter mixture slowly and mix well with mixer for another 2 min.
- Put them in a cake pan and bake for 50 min.