Cold soup on a summer day can be a refreshing appetizer for a BBQ or a garden party! Using a new potato will add a mild sweetness to the taste.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium leeks, slice thinly
- 4 medium potato or 6 new potato, cut in small cubes
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk (or 1 cup of other milk substitute)
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- sea salt, black pepper, and nutmeg for taste
- chive, chopped for garnish
Using a blender or food processor, very carefully puree the soup in small batches. Return to the cooking pot, whisk in coconut milk, nutmeg and taragon. Add the sea salt and pepper. Return to a boil, turn down and simmer for 5 minutes. If it’s too thick, add a little more stock to thin it out. Then let cool and refrigerate. Serve topped with chives.