This is really a simple easy salad with full of antioxidant-rich vegetables! Also this salad uses root vegetables which is tend to be yang to neutral in nature, so it does not cool your body down like salad with tomato and cucumber, and it is a good winter fresh salad!
Ingredients (for a medium bowl of salad)
- 4 large leaves of kale
- 2 medium beets
- 2 medium carrots (you can use different colours of carrots)
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 anchovy fillet (or sea salt for taste)
- Chop kale into thin strips (thinner the easier to eat!) put them into a salad bowl
- Grade beets, carrots and ginger on top of kale
- Mince or crash garlic, and mix with vinegar, oil, finely chopped anchovy (or salt) and use as a dressing.
Because his is so simple, you can add any extra vegetables, nuts & seeds, and/or fresh goat cheese (which goes really well together!) to have a variation!
- Kale: high in vitamin K, C and A, fiber, and manganese. Rich in nutrients for antioxidants, anti-inflammation, and anti-cancer effects.
- Beets: high in folate, manganese, fiber, potassium, tryptophan, and vitamin C. Rich in nutrients for antioxidants, promoting detoxification, and anti-inflammation
- Carrot: high in vitamin A, K, C and B6. Supports the healthy vision and the heat.