Summer is a great time to increase some raw food in your diet. You don’t have to go completely raw, but at least try to have one meal raw to start. Refreshing summer smoothies is a great start!
Juice and Smoothies can be a refreshing raw breakfast or snacks to clench your thirst while nourishing your body with vitamins & minerals. Most of the commercially prepared one are, unfortunately, not recommended. The good news is, making juice and smoothies are simple and fun! You can prepare the fruits and vegetables for children and they can have fun with making own combination. Children can benefit homemade juice without added sugar to regain the taste buds, too.
Here are some recipes with focus on summer vegetables and fruits to inspire you this summer!
Recipes (2 servings)
All listed here are just ingredients. Use juicer to make juice and powerful blender to make smoothies.
1) Cooling Smoothie & Juice
- Hydration Juice: 6 cups of watermelon (cubed, remove seeds), 1 English cucumber (cut in few pieces), and 1 fresh lime without peel
- Hawaiian Sunshine: 1 cup pineapple (cubed), 1 cup mango (pealed, without pit), 1/2 cup coconut water, and 1 orange without peel
2) Weight Loss Juice
- Green Diuretic & Detox: 2 green apples (cored), 1 stalk celery, 1/2 cucumber, 1 cup ice, 1/2 lemon without peel, handful of parsley spinach, kale, and lettuce
- Pink Lemonade: 2 pink grapefruits, 1 cucumber, 1 cup coconut water, 1 lemon without skin
3) Protein Rich Smoothies
- Banana Strawberry Almond Cream: 1 ripe banana, 1 cup strawberry, 1 cups unsweetened almond milk, 2 tbsp almond flour(powdered almond), 1 cup plain yogurt, and 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Avocado, Mango & Green: 1 avocado (peeled and without pit), 2 mangoes (peeled and without pit), 1 cup spinach, 1/2 pain Greek yogurt, 1 lime without skin