My friend offered her special raw dessert with a lot of fresh fruits at the evening of Spring Equinox. It was so refreshing just like the spring air, and I was inspired to make one too! Raw dessert with fresh fruits is almost like a smoothie, so it is a great snack, or can be a breakfast! This recipe is a combined with nutty almond cream and fresh berries. It is also a gluten-free (want to know more about gluten? Come to the workshop on Wed.Apr.17th! Information below) dessert!
1) Crust Ingredients
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a food processor until they bind well together to reach your desirable crunchiness. Press flat into a 9? cake pan and place in the fridge to set.
2) Almond Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 -2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
Almond Cream Directions
3) Cacao Berry Topping Ingredients
- 100g Blueberries & Blackberries (or berry of your choice!)
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 Ripe Mangoes
- Blueberries & Blackberries for garnish
Combine blueberries, blackberries, cacao powder and mango into a food processor until smooth. Pour over on almond cream layer above. Garnish with fresh blueberries and blackberries. Refrigerate until set and serve.
Almond Cream Recipe came from “We Like It Raw” site: click here