The main ingredients are oatmeal which contains soluble fiber, beta glucan, to reduce the LDL cholesterol as well as a good source for magnesium, blue berry & goji berry are high in antioxidants, flax seeds and chia seeds are great source of omega-3 fat and fiber, almonds are great source of vitamin E, fiber, also help lowering cholesterol as well.
To enhance the nutrition of oatmeal by making it easy to digest and absorbed by your body, it is best to soak the oatmeal before cooking. So if you are preparing oatmeal for a breakfast, just soak them a night before…yes it is an extra step, but it is not a hard one!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup mix of almonds, walnuts, or any of your favorite
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Goji berry
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup nut milk of your choice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blue berries (or mix berries)
- maple syrup, optional for taste
- Soak oats, seeds and nuts in enough water to cover for overnight, before cooking, drain oats mix and rinse them well.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add soaked oats and nuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, applesauce, nut milk, salt, and cinnamon. Mix all well and heat for about 8 min while stirring well until desired thickness.
- Turn off the heat and add bee pollen and blue berries, put the lid on and wait for a min.
- Serve with additional nut milk, yogurt, an/or maple syrup for your taste!